Integrating Holistic Modalities in a Clinical Office Setting
10 CEUs Awarded for Nurses / Social Workers
This Program is designed to provide medical office staff with specific application skills in 4 holistic models – Clinical Aromatherapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Clinical Reflexology and Client Centered Imagery. All models can be easily integrated in a health care setting to create a more integrative model of health. Indications / Contraindications and application skills will be taught. Discussion of marketing these techniques to increase community awareness of what your office offers will occur.
Day 1 – AM – 3 Hours
Brief Intro & Overview of Indications for Holistic Modalities in a Clinical Setting -
Clinical Aromatherapy – Safety, Precautions and Use in Office Settings
- Indications & Contraindications for specific Essential Oils in a Clinical Setting
- Quality Measures for assuring clinical grade Essential Oils – Gas chromatography, etc.
- Methods of Utilizing Essential Oils in Office Setting
Day 1 – PM – 2 Hours
Use of Guided Imagery in a Clinical Setting
- Indications for Use of Imagery – Relaxation, Pain Management, Management of Anxiety
- Imagery Techniques and Applications
- Methods of Implementing Imagery during Chelation Session – MP3, CD – etc.
Day 2 – AM – 2.5 Hours
Introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Define Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Improving Office Communication with NLP Techniques – Staff/ Patient and Staff/Staff
- Uses of NLP in Office Setting – Patient Complaints, Patient Procedures, Booking Appointments, etc.
Day 2 – PM – 2.5 Hours
Application of Reflexology in a Clinical Setting
- Understanding of Reflexology as a Holistic Modality
- Indications & Contraindications for Reflexology during a Chelation Session
- Specific Reflexology Techniques for use on Hands & Feet – Brief Reflexology Session Format
Note: All four (4) training modules are experiential with participants integrating & performing learned skills
Institute of Holistic Leadership
7061 Corporate Way, Suite 109
Centerville, Ohio 45459
937.475.5040 / www.ihlead.com
About the Instructor:
Patti McCormick, RN, PHD, Founder and President of Institute of Holistic Leadership, has been involved with education and holistic practices since 1978. After several years of lecturing nationally on various holistic topics, Patti started the Institute of Holistic Leadership, to meet the need for developing highly trained Holistic Health Professionals. Her background includes over 20 years of managing a medical office, which included a Chelation Clinic for a period of time. She consults with medical centers / offices on the development and implementation of Complementary Medicine Departments in a cost effective manner.